The Salish Sea is our playground. Extending from Olympia to Johnstone Strait, including the Strait of Juan de Fuca, our San Juan and Gulf Islands are its heart. The Bellingham Yacht Club 13th Annual Autumn Equinox Cruise to Poets Cove will be September 23, 24, & 25, 2016.
Every year the Autumn Equinox marks a day of equal light and darkness and the BYC traditional end of our cruising season. This popular and intimate cruise is about our boating friendships and our shared enjoyment of the Salish Sea in one of the nicest locations in the Sea. Poets Cove Resort and Spa is located on South Pender Island, British Columbia.
- Planning on attending? Register here.
- Make your marina reservation and tell them it is for the Bellingham Yacht Club Cruise. (1 250 629 2111 or email email@example.com ) Due to enhanced security regulations you need to make your reservation directly.
- Make your Room Reservation – Poets Cove has very limited rooms and only in the cottages available at a special rate for the Bellingham Yacht Club. This is a great cruise to bring people who do not have a boat to stay on. Contact the Front Desk (888) 512-7638 and tell them you are making a reservation for the Bellingham Yacht Club.
- View who is attending here.
Friday September 23
Your Time – Depart to Poets Cove from where ever you are in the Salish Sea.
1700 – Welcome No Host Dock Party, bring your favorite Salish Sea appetizer. (Clams, Oysters, Bacon wrapped Halibut, Mussels, Smoked Salmon, Scallops, Pickled Herring … what is your favorite?)
(Throughout the visit, the great pools and hot tubs at Poets Cove will be used, so don’t forget your bathing suits)
Saturday September 24
1000 – Dock Side Potluck Breakfast.
1100 – Coastal Nature Hike to Gowland Point –or- a hike up Mt. Norman to one of the most beautiful views of the island.
Amateur Photographer Best Picture Contest (back by demand)
1800 – Salish Sea Dinner either prepared by Poets Cove Chef using local catch and Pender Island grown side dish, or we may have a Salish Sea cook-off prepared by members – details to follow.
(The full service Spa at Poets Cove has been very popular for massages, facials and …)
Sunday the 25
Poets Cove Resort & Spa has a great breakfast buffet where you go on your own schedule before leaving for home.
- Check this website for local attractions.