Join Pete and Jamie Foti for the annual 4th of July joint cruise with the Wheel and Keel.
We’re still doing the Garrison Bay 4th of July cruise but there’ll be some changes due to COVID 19 since we can’t gather in groups of any size.
1) Rafts will be limited to 3 boats or 5 people
2) There will be NO potluck-or-Drink Mixology Contest
3) There will be an “Appetizer Parade” on Sat July 4 at 4 pm. The appetizer will need to be a type that is “pre-assembled” and put on a plate with tings or spoon, and does not require “lingering”, such as dips, or cheese, meat & crackers. The dinghies can keep circulating until everyone is satisfied, or the food is gone. Those who wish to participate may gather by dinghy at the host boat, “Dragons Den”, and “exchange” appetizers. This will help with 6’ social distancing compliance, and still allow some socializing, albeit at a distance.
Garrison Bay is a great place to spend the 4th – it’s peaceful yet close enough to Roche Harbor to see the fireworks. You can raft up with the group or anchor nearby if you prefer. There’s lots to do during the day including exploring English Camp and hiking to the summit of Young’s Hill or going over to Roche Harbor. Look for the Foti’s boat – Dragon’s Den, a 46′ Ponderosa Europa Trawler. Bring extra fenders and dock lines for rafting.
- Planning on attending? Register here.
- Anchor in Garrison Bay.
- To see who has registered, click here.
- Roche Harbor, boating, swimming, hiking, fishing, crabbing, kayaking etc.